How to prevent your child from wandering off:
Here are some additional tips to keep the kids from wandering:
- Use a tracking/watch device that you can purchase.
- Download an app for your child’s iPhone so you can track the phone.
- Have the child memorize a plan if he is lost; keep a piece of paper with that plan and have the child practice handing it to people to help him. He should have several copies of it with him at all times.
- Keep medical bracelets on kids that tend to wander.
- Alert police even before the child is lost so that they will keep an eye out for your child; many cities now keep a database on special needs children should they go missing.