Need a therapist but find it difficult to leave home, school or work? Great news! Technology now brings your therapist to your private environment via computer.
Tele Therapy is the use of information and telecommunications technologies for clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and education. Generally speaking, all mental health procedures that are delivered “face-to-face” can be delivered via tele therapy. The delivery of clinical mental health services via telemental health has been shown to be more cost effective than traditional models of care when travel time and costs are considered.
Tele Therapy FAQs:
What equipment do I need?
• You will need a computer (PC or Mac) with a web camera. Our software is also iphone or ipad compatible. Reliable high speed internet is also important. Any type of webcam headphones works.
• Our software is simple to use, and we have technical support 24/7 to back you up.
How do I know if Tele Therapy is appropriate for me?
• Our clinicians realize that every situation is unique, and they will determine how much personal contact is required for the treatment to be effective. Tele therapy may not be effective in your specific situation, and your clinician will be the first to let you know that.
Advantages of Tele Therapy
• Can offer a practical advantage over traditional sessions in terms of frequency and duration of sessions related to client comfort, and time limitations.
• More anonymity than having to present at an office.
Is my privacy secure?
• We use a dedicated, HIPAA compliant, tele-medicine platform whose sole purpose is dedicated to providing the most secure and reliable tele-medicine experience available today.
• You are responsible for creating a place that is confidential when you are doing the session (i.e. a private room/office). Wearing headphones will help create privacy as well.
Is Tele Therapy covered by insurance?
• Most insurance companies are not yet giving full or even partial reimbursement for tele therapy services. We will still submit to your insurance company with the proper tele therapy codes to try to get you reimbursement. You can also check directly with your insurance carrier by calling yourself.