Message From The CEO:
NSPT and Montessori Academy of Chicago are Partnering!
During the past few weeks NSPT has been presented with several very exciting opportunities, one of which is a partnership with the Montessori Academy Chicago located in the West Loop.
MAC is a year-round, Montessori Curriculum based school serving children ages 6-weeks through eighth grade.
Established in 2005, MAC has an enrollment of nearly 300 students and an impressive 30,000 square foot facility.
When founder Fosca White wanted to offer students and their families the extra support that children need by providing excellent services throughout the school day, she immediately thought of NSPT!
She learned of the effectiveness of our dynamic, multi-disciplinary in school programs through other educators and passionately sought to provide this support to her students and faculty.
We have been invited to introduce NSPT at their two-night parent orientation in August and have also been actively setting up 5 days of Occupational and Speech therapy screenings scheduled just in time for the new school year in late August.
Our partnership will also be announced next week in their July Family Newsletter! The teachers are so impressed by our blogs, that we have been asked to contribute one per month to their Newsletter.
We are delighted to collaborate with the MAC community of learners and to help many more children reach their full potential and blossom!
Rebecca Kieffer is excited to help launch our MAC program and will work closely with Megan Greeley as Therapy Program Director at Montessori Academy of Chicago to ensure that all student and faculty needs are met! Together they will mentor our school therapists and represent NSPT as we embark on this wonderful new school relationship.
Stay tuned, more excitement to come!
NSPT is pleased to announce two new key team members!
- Bill Sheridan, CPA, will be joining NSPT as our Director of Finance and Administration. He comes to us with over 25 years of experience with an extensive background in healthcare and professional services organizations. He will be joining us in mid -August.
A Special Book for a Special Client’s Sister
(as told by Dana Pais)
I’d like to recognize Antonia Russin who created a Magic Moment for her client! Antonia has a client who is a 4 year old child with autism. Her client’s parents reported that her client’s older sister was having a hard time accepting how her brother gets special attention and goes to a different school. Antonia gave the family a book called Mikey, which is a children’s book about a boy with autism written by a special education teacher. The book explains how some children process things differently. It encourages acceptance and explains that Mikey perceives things differently. Antonia’s client’s parents reported great results with using the book with their daughter!
(as told by Dana Pais)
I’d like to recognize Paige Platenik who created a magic moment for her client. Paige has a client who loves
everything girly and princess themed. Paige picked up a small tea set, a princess crown, and Disney princess themed book from Target, and brought in a bunch of dress up clothes, purses, shoes, and jewelry from her own wardrobe to share with her client during their next session. Paige and her client spent the session getting dressed up, setting a “picnic”, and working on the client’s goals as two princesses having tea on the lawn. Paige loved seeing her client light up throughout the process and her client’s mom was so excited when they both came out of the therapy session dressed to the nines!
Early Intervention-We had our first EI appointment with a little girl for SLP with Emily Robin! The child will be seen 2x/week by Emily, and is 5 minutes from the GV clinic! Other disciplines are beginning training to become EI credentialed.
Intake Statistics Prospect Cleanup – Complete! Look for the project completion certificate on Yammer.
Staff Anniversary List -Salesforce is now sending an automated e-mail to select team members regarding upcoming staff anniversaries.
Warm Transfers-Megan Summer will be sending a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to the FCAs this week so that we can begin using the warm transfers for our callers.
We had a chance to chat with Carrie Parks this month. She answered a few questions for us, as shared by Libby Galin:
LG; What is your favorite summer activity?
CP: Going to outdoor movies in the park
LG: What is your favorite movie? Why?
CP: Beaches; Because I love Bette Midler and I am a sucker for best friend movies.
LG: Do you play any sports? If so, what and when did you start?
CP: Does dog walking count? That is a sport, especially when your dog pulls you down the street. Bike riding, that’s my sport.
LG: What is a fun fact about you?
CP: I collect Smurfs. I am known as Carriesmurf with my friends.
LG: What has been the best part of working at NSPT so far?
CP: I am learning so much, not just about social work but every other discipline as well! Plus, I work with awesome people.
This Month’s Birthdays:
- 08/06-Zwolfer, Jessica
- 08/07-Hrywnak, Adriana
- 08/11-Carro, Breanne
- 08/13-Gardner, Sarah
- 08/17-Grant, Meghan E.
- 08/18-Hesch, Katie
- 08/23-Stasik, Marcelina
- 08/24-Ackerman, Robyn
- 08/24-Patel, Monal
- 08/30-Tesnar, Gregory
- 08/31-Goss, Sydney
- 08/31-Kiretyan, Thomas
Look Who’s New:
- Megan Siekkinen |SLP-Bucktown Clinic
- Heidi Strauss | FCA-Lake Bluff Clinic
- Traci Hayes | OT-Bucktown Clinic
- Ann Rothstein | Behavior Therapist-Arie Crown
- Danielle Walovitch | Behavior Therapist-Arie Crown
- Laura Manson |OT-Glenview
- Sarah Komar | Behavior Therapist-Arie Crown
- Jocelynn Carey| Behavior Therapist-Highland Park
- Tiffany Ebeling | Behavior Therapist-Highland Park
- Alexa Friedman | Behavior Therapist-Arie Crown
- Mollie Brand | Behavior Therapist-Arie Crown
- Monica Zajaczkowski | Occupational Therapist-Evanston
Movin’ on up:
Congratulations to the following people on their new roles!
- Judy Wang | Director of Physical Therapy
- Meghan Greeley | Therapy Program Director at Montessori Academy of Chicago
- Leida Lewis | Branch Director-Evanston
Events and Happenings:
- Our management team met on July 22nd to set goals and resolve issues for the third quarter of 2015.
- Shari Meserve presented our first IEP Prep Academy on July 22nd at the Lincolnwood clinic. This event was a tremendous help for parents of children with IEPs to make the most of their services this school year.
- NSPT is running a photo contest on Facebook called BLOSSOM HEROES. Please check it out and encourage the little heroes in your life (clients, friends or family) to enter.
- Greg Stasi and Monal Patel will be presenting our next Live Webinar | Executive Functioning Skills for School Success on September 15th from 8-9 pm CST.
- Note our new Blossom Blast URL: BlossomBlast.news. Visit here for all of our Blossom Blasts!