IEP Prep Academy provides you with the tools, strategies and confidence you need to develop an appropriate IEP and command your child’s next meeting. The 3 hour workshop is led by School Advocate and School Psychologist, Shari Meserve who will guide you through each section of the IEP, step-by-step, arming you with information on relevant laws, key points, and advocacy tips that you can start using immediately. Now is the time to learn how to do a thorough analysis of your child’s IEP so you are prepared to meet with the IEP team and develop the best possible program at school conferences.
- Better understand IDEA regulations that drive decision-making
- Analyze and troubleshoot your child’s IEP including transition and behavior intervention plans
- Understand your child’s data to assess how much (or how little) progress s/he is making
- Write SMART IEP goals (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Results-Driven, Time-Bound)
- Develop effective and proven advocacy strategies to ensure team collaboration and to maximize your child’s education
- IEP meetings can be overwhelming, confusing, and intimidating…but now they don’t need to be!
Upcoming IEP Prep Academy Details:
Date: November 15, 2015
Location: North Shore Pediatric Therapy
4433 West Touhy Ave.
Lincolnwood, IL. 60712
*Only 15 tickets are available. If you do not get into this one, please email us to be put on the list for the next IEP Prep Academy event.
About Shari Meserve, M.S.Ed., Ed.S.
Educational Consultant and Advocate
North Shore Pediatric Therapy.
Shari has 13 years experience as a School Psychologist in north suburban school districts. As a School Psychologist, Shari led special education and problem-solving teams, conducted evaluations, developed IEPs, provided direct counseling, and consulted with staff, administration and parents about appropriate strategies and programs for students. Out of a growing desire to use her skills to help a wider range of children and families obtain proper services and supports, Shari left the public school system to provide educational consultation and advocacy services throughout Illinois and northern Wisconsin. Before joining North Shore Pediatric Therapy, Shari worked as an advocate for a special education attorney, participating in IEP meetings and assisting in mediation and due process preparation. Shari enjoys sharing her knowledge with parents and other professionals and has presented workshops for a number of agencies including Rush University Medical Center, the Obsessive-Compulsive Foundation of Chicago, the Legal Assistance Foundation of Chicago, and various Tourette Syndrome organizations.