https://nspt4kids.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/nspt_2-color-logo_noclaims.png 0 0 Deborah Michael https://nspt4kids.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/nspt_2-color-logo_noclaims.png Deborah Michael2012-11-20 21:27:152014-04-26 15:28:54Up Up and Move Away with Kids!
Moving is already a stressful process without adding children into the equation.
Here is a list of life-saving tips that may help to ease both you and your children throughout the transition!
- Before the move, start preparing the children by showing them books about moving to a new home. Show them pictures of the new city, the schools, the playground, the pool, etc. You should also discuss any feelings that the children may have regarding the move.
- The day before the move, make sure the children have enough sleep. Tired children will make the moving experience much more difficult for the entire family.
- During the day of the move, have a backpack ready for each child that includes music, books, activities and additional batteries to keep them busy throughout the day. Remember to pack snacks as well as the day will become quite busy. Hungry kids =cranky kids
- Take a log of pictures of the entire experience, from packing and moving days to the first few weeks og living in the new house. Make the experience very exciting!
- Once you arrive at your new home, remember the needs of your children. You are bound to encounter issues that will most likely exhaust you. Consider hiring a babysitter for the first few days of the transition. An extra adult to have around will be able to give your children the attention they need while you are packing and unpacking.
- Plan to take a day off from everything once you are finished with the move. This will allow the family to reconnect and recharge.
Enjoy your new home!