https://secureservercdn.net/22.214.171.124/fnf.6b5.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/nspt_2-color-logo_noclaims.png 0 0 LibbyGalin https://secureservercdn.net/126.96.36.199/fnf.6b5.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/nspt_2-color-logo_noclaims.png LibbyGalin2013-02-05 07:02:402014-04-23 22:12:35Educational Graduate Gifts At Each Age
Educational and Fun Gifts for Your Grad By Age:
Kindergarten Graduation Gifts:
- Special Books: Classic, hard-cover books will be fun to read in the moment and treasured as a keepsake for years to come. Consider titles like Ferdinand, The Tale of Peter Rabbit or Paddington Bear.
- Magna-Tiles: Consider investing in a set of Magna-Tiles. These magnetic building tiles will occupy the imagination of your soon-to-be first grader for hours on a rainy day over the summer.
- Lego Building Blocks: Legos have been around for a long time and for good reason. Lego building sets engage young builders as they create predetermined buildings or design their own.
Junior High Graduation Gifts:
- Special Books: Inspire your soon to be high school kid with a copy of Oh the Place You’ll Go by Dr. Seuss.
- Educational Video Games: You can’t tear your teen away from the Xbox360 or Wii, but at least you can inspire them with a game that will teach something. Consider Civilization Revolution (Xbox360) or The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii).
High School Graduation Gifts:
- Passes to See the City: Buy your grad a pass or membership to any great city cultural institution. In Chicago, that includes The Field Museum, The Shedd Aquarium, The Adler Planetarium, The Museum of Science and Industry or The Chicago History Museum.
- A Family Trip: Along the same lines, high school graduation is a great time to invest in broadening your child’s horizons. Take a family trips somewhere small (a new neighborhood) or big (a new state or country) depending on your family’s availability and budget.
Graduation is a wonderful accomplishment. Celebrate your children with gifts that will continue to enrich them as they move to the next phase of life!