How can neuropsychological testing benefit my child?
- Testing can identify your child’s learning style and cognitive strengths.
- Additionally, an evaluation will help our neuropsychologists recommend adjustments to implement at school and/or at home.
- Furthermore, neuropsychological testing can help determine any appropriate therapies such as speech or Applied Behavior Analysis.
My child has a recommendation for a neuropsychological evaluation, now what?
- First, schedule an appointment. Testing appointments are available Monday to Friday, and all appointments begin at 9 a.m.
- Next, your doctor provides you with parent and teacher rating scales that you will fill out and return on the day of the testing appointment.
- Lastly, a Family Child Advocate will work with you to schedule the testing and feedback appointments.
Where is pediatric neuropsychological testing done?
All neuropsychology testing is currently carried out in our Des Plaines clinic. The Early Childhood Developmental Assessments take place in multiple clinics. Additionally, the intake and neuropsych testing appointment take place in our Des Plaines clinic, and the speech and OT appointments typically scheduled in the clinic nearest the family.
In order to help accommodate families, our 3 psychologists visit other clinics for intakes and feedbacks. See our website for scheduling.
Who conducts neuropsychological testing?
Conducting the appointment is one of our expertly-trained, master’s level neuropsychology technicians or doctoral-level diagnostic students. These professionals go through the same rigorous training program as our in-house technicians. Testing is monitored throughout the day by one of our psychologists and Training Coordinator.
Due to this testing model, we are able to see upwards of 20 kids per week! As a result, this means less time until you and your child can begin the process of getting the help he/she needs! Certainly, we do our best to get your child in for testing in a timely manner to avoid any long wait lists.
NSPT offers services in the following locations: Bucktown, Evanston, Deerfield, Lincolnwood, Glenview, Lake Bluff, Des Plaines, and Mequon!
If you have questions or concerns about your child, we would love to help! Give us a call at (866) 815-6592 and speak to one of our Family Child Advocates!