As the weather is becoming nicer, you are most likely spending more time outside and at your neighborhood parks. If your child is working on improving their core strength in their therapy sessions and at home, this can also be carried over while playing on a playground.
The following activities can be completed to improve your child’s core strength:
- Climbing ladders
- Completing monkey bars
- Pumping themselves on the swing or pushing another friend or sibling on the swing
- Going down the slide in a “V” position
- Jumping off surfaces of varying heights with two feet together
- Create an obstacle course throughout the playground
- Crawling through tunnels, under things , and over things
- Running on different surfaces (sand, wood chips, grass, sidewalks, uneven bridges)
Hopefully these activities will add some variety into the home exercise program your child is currently doing.