Your child has an autism spectrum disorder and you live in Illinois or you want to live in Illinois. You start calling friends, joining chat rooms, and asking all over for information on autism, on Illinois, on schools, on legislation, on support groups, and on therapy providers. I have news for you, your research is great but don’t forget how much the Autism Society of Illinois website can do for you. They are here for you, the parents of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
6 Ways To Use The Autism Society Of Illinois
- Sign up for the newsletter to stay updated on the latest news and events
- Call and email the director, her full time job is being a resource of information for you
- Ask for other members or supporters you can call or turn to for assistance, advice, and support
- Go to the social events in your area to meet others face to face and build relationships with others affected by autism
- Look up support groups in various cities in Chicagoland
- Visit the Autism Society of America website for deeper and more global information
Make the most out of your child’s offered and available services, supports, and educational opportunities – they are there to help you!