Summer is meant to be active, fun, and exhausting for children but sometimes the weather just won’t cooperate. What do you do on days when they can’t run outside, swim, or barbeque? You Fandango! Remember these words of wisdom for the best theater experience with your children.
Top tips for a trip with kids to the movies
- Choose a very child friendly film. You can even look up the sensory friendly screenings in your area.
- Consider bringing your own snacks, especially if your child has special dietary needs.
- Remember that you don’t have to stay for the entire movie. Your child may only be able to handle half, and that is OK.
- Bring another adult if your children need to be able to get up or go to the bathroom quickly. You may need an extra pair of helping hands.
- Bring headphones to reduce the sound if your child is sensitive to loud noises.
- Teach your child movie time rules before making the trip so he/she knows what is expected ahead of time. Bring a reward chart if that helps.
- Enjoy the show!