WATCH THE RECORDED WEBINAR: “FROM ASSESSMENT TO ACCOMMODATIONS: GETTING THE BEST I.E.P. FOR YOUR CHILD”
Read What A Few Of Our Attendees Had To Say:
- “Well done! Look forward to another one.”
- “Thank you so much for the webinar. It was very helpful and insightful.”
- “This was my first webinar of yours (and one of my first in general), and it was great! Thank you so much for making this information available to families!!”
- “Thank you so much. This will help. I am in the middle of dispute with my school district and SEDOL. You help to clear few facts, for example I didn’t know that “direct svc” doesn’t mean is 1:1 or that services are ‘need’ driven not by diagnosis. Thank you so much for your time. What a blessing!”
- “Thank you for the great information. Lots for us to keep in mind for future IEP meetings.”
- “This was a very helpful presentation. There is so much to learn when you have a special needs child and this format made the learning easy on the parent. Thank you so much for taking the time to have this webinar.”
This Webinar Presented By A Pediatric Neuropsychologist And A Special Needs Family Lawyer Provided Parents With An Understanding Of What An Outside Evaluation Consists Of As Well As What Rights Parents Have Within The School Setting And How To Get Advocacy And Help They Need!
About The Presenters
Greg Stasi, Pediatric Neuropsychologist
Gregory Stasi, Ph.D., is a licensed Clinical Psychologist who graduated from Purdue University with a Bachelor Degree in Psychology. He went on to earn his Masters and Doctorate at the Illinois Institute of Technology where he made his decision to focus his career on pediatric neuropsychology. Dr. Stasi has worked and studied at numerous medical centers including: The University of Chicago Medical Center and the University of Minnesota Medical Center. Prior to working at North Shore Pediatric Therapy, Dr. Stasi was a faculty member at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Hospital and was a neuropsychologist at the Rush Neurobehavioral Center. Dr. Stasi has extensive experience with the assessment and diagnosis of a variety of conditions including: learning disorder, ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorders, and social/emotional concerns. Dr. Stasi also serves as a school advocate for parents by providing assistance and case management in order for children with special needs to obtain the most effective school accommodations possible.
Micki Moran, J.D.
Micki Moran is the founding partner of The Child and Family Law Center, Ltd. She dedicates her practice to children and families who are in need of legal representation in the areas of special education, juvenile and young adult criminal law, abuse and neglect, and mental health issues. The practice is founded on the principle that children and their families require excellent legal representation and a multi-disciplinary approach that involves multiple systems of care to intervention.
Micki is the mother of a young adult with a disability and has extensive litigation experience against school districts and governmental agencies. She volunteers as a board member to agencies committed to children’s issues and speaks nationally on mental health and special education issues. She is on the adjunct faculty of Loyola Law School in Chicago.
Micki has been a lawyer for nearly 25 years and has lived in both Big Sky and Bozeman Montana before returning to Chicago.